How do Assignments work?
Teachers can create an assignment in Brightspace where you can hand in your assignment. You can read more about submitting assignments in the article How do I hand in an Assignment?
- Navigate to Activities in the navbar of your course.
- Click Assignments. You will navigate to the Assignments homepage.
On the Assignments homepage you will find an overview of all of the assignments that the teacher has created for the course. The table contains the following information:
- Below Assignments you can find the assignments and the categories they belong to. When an assignment is closed, you will also see an end date. Click the name of an assignment to submit your assignment. Note: when the due date has passed you cannot open the assignment anymore. However you can still open the submission.
- Below Completion Status you will find the status of the assignment (Submitted or Not Submitted). Click Submitted to view the assignment you have already submitted.
- Below Score you will see the grade the teacher has assigned to your assignment. Note: it depends on the teacher's settings how you see the score, for example as a number of points from a maximum number of points or as a percentage achieved.
- Below Evaluation Status you will find the evaluation status. If the teacher has not yet evaluated your assignment, you will see Not yet evaluated. If the teacher has added commentary or entered a score, you will see Feedback: Unread/Read. Note that you will also see Feedback if the teacher has only entered a score. This does not automatically mean that the teacher has added written feedback.
- Below Due Date you will find the deadline of the assignment.
At the top left you will see View History. Click here to see the Submission History page.
Do you want to receive a notification when the teacher publishes and/or updates feedback for an assignment? You can set this up in your notifications. You can also choose to receive a notification two days before the assignment’s deadline.
- Below Assignment you can select the assignment of which you want to see the history. Click Apply.
- Below Assignment Type you can see what type of assignment you are dealing with (Individual assignment of Group assignment).
- Below Submission(s) you can see the file(s) you have handed in.
- Below Date Submitted you can see which date you handed in the assignments.